We are looking for a motivated and driven pest control technician to join us in Cardiff and the surrounding area.
We offer a full pest control service for all needs, incorporating bird control, rodent control, insect control and wildlife management.
If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated, well organised, reliable, flexible and trustworthy individual that ideally lives within the Cardiff service area and have the ability to grow with the business we ought to get together.
The role will primarily be to provide pest control services to a wide range of clients, domestic and commercial, you will also be required to seek and obtain new business to continue the growth of the business, as well as recommend and sell to the existing client base and new customers.
The position offers great scope for the right person that has the ability to move forward with a growing business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the smooth running of the business through the treatment of pest infestations on commercial and residential properties
- To carry out routine inspections, treatments and individual job work for a wide range of pests including bird proofing work, rat investigation work, bee removal work for both the commercial and domestic market
- Write reports on all inspections undertaken to include details of treatment
- To advise clients verbally as well as in report format on conditions found on premises that would potentially sustain infestation or attract future pest activity
- To report all specific proofing requirements directly to the client. Reports should be comprehensive in terms of remedial action needed and potential risks to the clients’ premises
- To remove evidence of pest activity such as dead bodies, nesting materials or droppings and dispose of in an appropriate manner
- You will be required to cover at weekends on a rota basis
- Behave and respond appropriately when carrying out any trapping, ensuring that all actions are in accordance with the law and in line with best practice
- To keep accurate records and report on all daily work activities on approved documentation using approved IT systems to office on a daily basis
- To maintain regular contact with branch offices and supervisory staff
- To respond to all requests for service as passed from the office and to keep clients and administration staff informed when delays are inevitable so as to allow alternative arrangements to be made if appropriate
- Compile reports, surveys and risk assessments
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Any other reasonable requests as required by the needs of the business.
Health and Safety
- To apply all pest control preparations and materials in strict accordance with labelling, technical manuals and approved printed material
- To work in a safe manor in relation to yourself and those around
- To report any faults or damage to any work related equipment
- Ensure all equipment adheres to the relevant Health & Safety Standards before use and to report any faults immediately
- Ensure safety / maintenance / cleanliness of company vehicles is maintained at all times.
- Ideally be qualified to BPCA / RSPH level 2 in pest management or equivalent (but full training will be given to the right candidate)
- Have a full clean driving licence and 3 years clean driving record
- Have a good standard of English both written and verbal so that you can write legible, meaningful reports, and communicate them to the client and office
- Be computer literate and able to use a word processor
- Be able to work on your own initiative and organise your day’s work around the contract work and additional call-outs as they arise.
- Be able to work as part of a team when carrying out bird & pest proofing works, rat investigations, bee removals and installing fly screens.
- Be willing to work away from home if necessary.
- Maintain a professional approach at all times
- Be enthusiastic, confident, flexible, professional and enjoy dealing with people
- Competent communication skills and be confident dealing with customers at all levels
- Flexibility towards overtime as some weekend and out of hours work will be required
- Tidy appearance
- Competitive remuneration with progressive package including productivity bonus
- Commission on sales
- Fully equipped company vehicle
- Company mobile
- Uniform supplied
- Relevant training courses each year
Company van and fuel provided for working hours.
If you live within the Cardiff catchment area, fit the requirements and are interested in the position, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the position please provide a covering letter and CV to [email protected]